Re: Re: st: oaxaca twofold decomposition

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: oaxaca twofold decomposition
Date   Mon, 28 May 2012 10:03:39 +0100

It is very difficult to follow this. Your previous report was that
-oaxaca- was not up-to-date, which was evidently a problem; now the
report is that -oaxaca- is up-to-date, which evidently you still
regard as a problem.

. ssc type oaxaca.ado

shows that the latest version of -oaxaca- is

*! version 4.0.5  24aug2011  Ben Jann

so the question is: do you have precisely this version? -which oaxaca,
all- is one way to look at this; another is to get your operating
system to look for all copies of oaxaca.ado on your computer.

It's possible that you are moving around from directory to directory
in your work, and have somehow accumulated different versions of
-oaxaca- that vary in their visibility, but nevertheless -ssc- should
be installing in sensible places.

I don't think firewalls are an issue here. Ben Jann is so called;
"Soz" is an abbreviation for his discipline.

Nick