st: FW: outreg2: appending output from separate logistic regressions

From   David Sikkink <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: outreg2: appending output from separate logistic regressions
Date   Fri, 25 May 2012 14:42:06 -0400

When I use outreg2 to append logistic regressions that have different dependent variables, the rows for each independent variable are not lined up. This doesn't seem to happen when using -reg- rather than -logit-.

My syntax looks like this:

mi estimate, post: logit VarA IndVar1 IndVar2 ;
outreg2 using MyFile, 10pct excel nose ;

mi estimate, post: logit VarA IndVar1 IndVar2 IndVar3 IndVar4  ;
outreg2 using MyFile, 10pct excel nose ;

Everything looks good so far. Then:

mi estimate, post: logit VarB IndVar1 IndVar2 ;
outreg2 using MyFile, 10pct excel nose ;

mi estimate, post: logit VarB IndVar1 IndVar2 IndVar3 IndVar4  ;
outreg2 using MyFile, 10pct excel nose ;

The Excel output looks something like this:

Equation
VarA			VarA	VarA	VarB	VarB
	IndVar1		1.2	1.1
	IndVar2		2.4	2.2
	IndVar3		5.2
	IndVar4		1.6
VarB	IndVar1				1.5	3.5
	IndVar2				4.2	2.3
	IndVar3					6.2
	IndVar4					1.8

Of course, this is an easy fix in Excel for two variables. But it gets rather tedious. And with lots of nested logistic variables, eventually the coefficients are pasted in row 193322 or so.

Any ideas? Odd that this doesn't happen if I am doing only -reg-.

Thanks.

--David