st: Stata on a terminal server

From   David Merriman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata on a terminal server
Date   Wed, 23 May 2012 13:47:54 -0500

I own stata/se 10 on two computers and stata/se 11 on a third computer
(two offices and a home based office.)
I would like to get stata/se 12.  My computer guru tells me:

"We have volume license agreements for STATA...STATA/SE 12 can be purchased
for $90 per person (not per install or per concurrent user) for expiration
on 5/24/2013 from [our university webstore]....
The STATA sold on WebStore uses a connection to our terminal server to run
the software rather than it being installed locally on the users computer."

This sounds like a pretty good deal but....my question is how well will it
work?  I understand that I would need an internet connection to run it--that is
usually not a problem but I can imagine other problems.
In particular because I download a fair number of user written ado files
and do other things to customize STATA for my use I am wondering if this
system will work smoothly for me.  Advice would be appreciated.

David Merriman