st: ivreg2: interacting the endogenous regressor

From   Jana von Stein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ivreg2: interacting the endogenous regressor
Date   Wed, 23 May 2012 14:17:14 -0400

Hi -- thanks for the idea, Kit (Go Blue!). Unfortunately, even decent instruments are very hard to find. Essentially, I am trying to test whether the effect of the instrumented variable depends on the values that the variable x1 takes on. Is there some way to do this that doesn't involve trying to find a second instrument (which is near- impossible)? I've split x1 into "low" and "high" and run separate regressions, but that doesn't allow cross-estimation comparisons, right?

many thanks,
Jana