Re: st: score test for the parallel regression assumption

Subject   Re: st: score test for the parallel regression assumption
Date   Tue, 22 May 2012 13:08:06 -0400

At 10:45 AM 5/22/2012, Brendan Halpin wrote:
On Tue, May 22 2012, Thomas VanHeuvelen wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to perform a score test for the parallel
> regression assumption after running an ordered logistic regression command
> (e.g. ologit or gologit2)? More specifically, is anyone aware of a
> program/procedure in Stata that can reproduce the score test given by
> SAS's -proc logistic- command?

I don't know what the score test is, but does the Brant test do what
you want? It's part of Long & Freese's -spostado- (-findit spostado- to
get the details).

The score test is different. It is a LaGrange Multiplier test, and my impression (hopefully wrong!) is that Stata does not have many good built-in routines for such tests. The SAS documentation for the test is at

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63347/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_logistic_sect039.htm

Alas, I am not sure how to program that either.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam