st: RE: snapsan command

From   Kieran McCaul <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: snapsan command
Date   Sun, 20 May 2012 09:52:25 +0800

Following on from Nick's comments:

1. You should probably read the documentation on -snapspan- and make sure that your data is indeed "snapshot" data.
In particular, since you have reshaped your data prior to running -snapspan-, ensure that the reshaped data correctly places your variables and the time when they were measured on the same record.

2. The reason that your variables have missing values for the first record after you run -snapspan- is illustrated by the example in the -snapspan- help file, but is does require you to understand how time-span data differs from snapshot data.

3. You have to -stset- the data prior to running -stcox-.  Try the example in the -snapspan- help file, but include some -stset- commands. For example:

webuse snapspan, clear
list, sepby(id)
snapspan id time event
list, sepby(id)
* -stset- the data
stset time, f(event) id(id)
list, sepby(id)

* or try -snapspan- using the generate() option
webuse snapspan, clear
list, sepby(id)
snapspan id time event, generate(time0)
* -stset- the data
stset time, f(event) id(id)
list, sepby(id)
* -stset- the data but this time use the time0 variable
stset time, f(event) id(id) enter(time0)
list, sepby(id)