Re: st: snapsan command

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: snapsan command
Date   Sat, 19 May 2012 10:11:56 +0100

The command is -snapspan-, not -snapsan-. I think you didn't get an
answer to this previously because it's hard to work out what you want.
The tenor of your posting is "I don't understand" and that evokes
sympathy, but it is hard to know what explanation could make it
clearer than that in the manual.

The answer to 1) is that it depends what you mean "when I work on my
variables". Depending on that, the possibilities include nothing (the
Stata command will ignore missing values), using -if- to exclude
observations with missing values, and using -drop- to drop them.

The answer to 2) is No. -generate()- is genuinely optional.

For "STATA" read "Stata". For "cox" read "Cox".

Nick