Re: st: RE: Propensity Score Matching

From   Fernando Rios Avila <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Propensity Score Matching
Date   Sat, 12 May 2012 11:13:05 -0400

Hi Carlos
So one thing you need to know is that there is no RULE to structure
the model for a propensity score matching setup. And unless one is
working with your data, its going to be impossible to just give you a
model that will solve your problem.
As you may know, propensity score matching (PSM) relies on finding
observations who are treated and untreated who are similar enough to
be used as counter factual. The error you reported just means that
based on -pscore- analysis, after estimating the propensity score and
matching, some characteristics are sill statistically different.
What it is suggested is to try a different specification, which
basically means you have to either include more variables as
covariates, or include either higher terms (square cubes) and or
interactions.
Again, there is no magical rule, you just need to keep trying until
one of the specification works for you.
Bests.
Fernando