st: mi import + xtmixed

From   Elizabeth Covay <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mi import + xtmixed
Date   Tue, 8 May 2012 15:20:25 -0400

Hello
  We used the -ice- command for multiple imputation for a longitudinal
data set. The data was in three separate files (one for each wave)
when we did the multiple imputation. We have since combined these
three waves into one longitudinal data set where each student is in
the data set for each wave and for each multiply imputed data set (3
waves x 10 multiply imputed data sets). We are running into problems
using the -mi import- command since the student id and imputation
number id is not a unique combination. We have three of these
combinations (1 for each of our three waves). Has anyone run into this
problem before or have a solution for this problem? Our current
solution is to create a new student id that is a combination of the
original id and the wave so that there is a unique combination of
student id and imputation number. Once we have the -mi import- done
using our new student id we plan to use the proper mi estimate command
with the original student id. Does anyone see problems with this
method?

Thank you
Elizabeth Covay

--