Re: st: How to add business days to an existing date

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to add business days to an existing date
Date   Tue, 8 May 2012 19:29:37 +0100

Make sure your Stata is fully up-to-date. -help whatsnew- signals
various fixes since Stata 12 was first released that concern business
calendars.

If your Stata does not say what it says below, you need to -update-.
(Or hassle your systems people to do that.)

. update query
(contacting http://www.stata.com)

Update status
    Last check for updates:  08 May 2012
    New update available:    none         (as of 08 May 2012)
    Current update level:    24 Apr 2012  (what's new)

Possible actions

    Do nothing; all files are up to date.

Nick

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Tanja Berg <[email protected]> wrote:
> My business calendar looks like follows
>
> version 12
> purpose "Test"
> dateformat dmy
>
> range 01jan2005 31dec2011
> centerdate 01jan1960
>
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit dayofweek (Sa Su)
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit date 01jan*
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit date 01may*
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit date 15aug*
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit date 03oct*
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit date 25dec*
> from 03jan2005 to 30dec2011: omit date 26dec*
>
> Then I load the calender in Stata with the command: bcal load test
> Then I want to format my existing date into the business date format, that I can add 3 business days.
> I do this with the command: format Date %tbtest
> If I then want to check what happened in the Data Browser I see that the Date is now formatted as a number and if I want to close the Data Browser, Stata shuts down and says: Stata/SE 12.0 was shut down unexpected"
>
> Thanks!
>

> Am 08.05.2012 um 19:29 schrieb Nick Cox:
>
>> I think we have little scope for diagnosing precisely what you are
>> doing wrong here. You can either go to Stata tech-support, or come
>> back to the list, with _precise_ details of what you are doing to
>> define a business calendar, in what sense Stata "crashes", etc.
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Tanja Berg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a data set with time series observations in the following format
>>>
>>> ID      Date            Price
>>> 1       01.01.2005      X
>>> 1       02.01.2005      X
>>> 1       03.01.2005      X