Re: st: multicollinerity in panel data

From   Guo Xu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multicollinerity in panel data
Date   Mon, 7 May 2012 00:39:23 +0100

Hi Ozgur,

Have a look at:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/webbooks/reg/chapter2/statareg2.htm

That said, multicollinearity is usually not a major concern in applied
work unless you have almost perfect multicollinearity because you
accidentally entered the same variable twice, .e.g. in a transformed
and untransformed form.

When regressors are highly dependent, it is difficult to disentangle
impacts between the explanatory variables. The SEs will be larger but
the point estimates are still ok. Endogeneity is a more serious
problem.