RE: st: Testing for differences in skewness and kurtosis?

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Testing for differences in skewness and kurtosis?
Date   Sat, 5 May 2012 12:29:42 -0400

A bootstrap approach might indeed be palatable here.  On that note, I would suggest perhaps looking into the literature on skewness persistence (in which robust measures of both skewness and kurtosis have been developed):

Ergun, A.T. (June 13, 2011). Skewness and Kurtosis Persistence: Conventional vs. Robust Measures. Midwest Finance Association 2012 Annual Meetings Paper. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1857653

Muralidhar, K. (1993). The Bootstrap Approach for Testing Skewness Persistence. Management Science, 39(4), 487-491.

Nath, R. (1996). A Note on Testing for Skewness Persistence. Management Science, 42(1), 138-141.

Sun, Q., & Yan, Y. (2003). Skewness persistence with optimal portfolio selection. Journal of Banking & Finance, 27(6), 1111–1121.

Adcock, C.J., &  Shutes, K. (2005). An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets. Emerging Markets Review, 6(4), 396–418.

Cam