Re: st: extract values from kdensity graphic

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: extract values from kdensity graphic
Date   Thu, 3 May 2012 17:42:17 +0100

-x- is by construction equally spaced and in any case not the original data.

I suggest that a fairer graph is

graph twoway (connected d size if group == 1) ///
         (connected d size if group == 2) ///
         (connected d size if group == 3) ///
         (connected d size if group == 4) ///
         (connected d size if group == 5)

which shows that your method based on gaps agrees well with the kernel
density default -- in this example.

Nick