Re: st: Re: Standardised Incidence Rate

From   john dark <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Standardised Incidence Rate
Date   Thu, 3 May 2012 15:16:01 +0200

Dear Tim and Clyde,

Many thanks for your comments and apologies for not making myself more
clear. I have now clarified the contents of the dataset with my
supervisor! It in fact includes data on all patients who were
diagnosed with a rare type of lung cancer (carcinoid) in the East
Midlands between 2000 and 2011. Each row in this dataset corresponds
to a unique patient and includes other variables such as age, gender,
diagnosis date and tumour stage. I have a second dataset including the
region's population numbers broken down by 5-year age bands and
gender. I would like to calculate the annual age and
gender-standardised incidence rate using the direct method and assess
the trend over time. Your guidance on how I should go about this
analysis would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John