st: Re: Standardised Incidence Rate

From   john dark <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Standardised Incidence Rate
Date   Mon, 30 Apr 2012 23:37:42 +0200

Dear All,

I am a Public Health MSc student with reasonable experience of Stata.
I need to calculate the standardised incidence rate of lung cancer in
the West Midlands region of England and assess whether it has
increased, decreased or remained stable over the last 10 years. The
dataset I have includes 850 observations each representing a patient
with lung cancer, for whom the age, gender, date of diagnosis and
other confounders are all recorded. I know that Poisson regression is
normally used to analyse this sort of data but am at loss as to how to
proceed as I have no experience of doing this whatsoever. I would
therefore be very grateful for guidance on how to set the dataset up
in the correct format and the commands I will need to use to do the
analysis.

Many thanks for your help.

John