RES: st: pseudo panels implementation in Stata

From   "Henrique Neder" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RES: st: pseudo panels implementation in Stata
Date   Sun, 29 Apr 2012 11:03:19 -0300

Thanks for the answers. The complete citations of the papers are:
Verbeek, M. (2007). Pseudo panels and repeated cross-sections. Eletronic
copy available at:"http://ssrn.com/abstract=869445";.
Verbeek, M. and F.Vella (2005). Estimating Dynamic Models from Repeated
Cross-Sections, Journal of Econometrics, 127,83-102.
Moffitt, R. (1993). Identification and Estimation of Dynamic Models with
Time Series of Repeated Cross-Sections, Journal of Econometrics, 59,99-123.
Mckenzie, D.J. (2004). Asymptotic Theory of Heterogeneous Dynamic
Pseudo-Panels, Journal of Econometrics, 120,235-262.

My repeated cross-section time series data is selected using a cluster
sample design. I agree that an important subject related to this problem is
the sample selection method of the repeated cross-section. Undoubtedly, this
will influence the standard errors estimates of the panel regressions: in
pseudo panels methods there are a measurement error problem. I know that for
this question perhaps there are no trivial answer, but ... How I can
integrate survey sample methods and panel estimation methods in Stata,
inside the pseudo panel context? I think that this is not a simple question
of data aggregation to perform cohort means. I believe there are numerous
problems related to obtaining consistent estimates as well as problems
concerning the adaptation of advanced techniques in dynamic panels (such as
obtaining robust standard errors, tests of over-identification restrictions,
auto-correlation errors tests, etc..) and applied to an estimation with
these averages cohorts. My question is: there are any developed empirical
research and procedures available referring to these problems? I would
greatly I would greatly appreciate any guidance on this appreciate any
guidance on this.

Henrique Neder
Professor Associado - Instituto de Economia
Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
(34) 32309564
Av João Naves de Avila, 2121 Campus Santa Monica
38400-902  Uberlândia   MG