Re: st: IV regression with panel data: random effects, clustered s.e.'s, postestimation tests

From   Jana von Stein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: IV regression with panel data: random effects, clustered s.e.'s, postestimation tests
Date   Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:44:38 -0400

Dear Austin,

Ah, I see. That makes good sense. Is there a good stats source you might point me to on this? This is sort of new territory for me and I want to make sure I understand the statistics/theory behind what choices I'm making. (I.e., on the u_i in particular and that [a] not okay to to xt R.E. in the presence of non-orthogonal u_i; and [b] that it is kosher(ish) to ignore panel structure and use R.E. ivreg?

Does the same apply to between effects?

Thanks,
Jana