Re: st: St: z transformation - mibeta command

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: St: z transformation - mibeta command
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:31:11 +0100

I think for most people a z transformation suggests (value - mean) /
SD but a glance at -mibeta- (SSC) suggests that you want Fisher's z
transformation for Pearson correlations.

There is a tutorial at

SJ-8-3  pr0041  .  Speaking Stata: Corr. with confidence, Fisher's z revisited
        (help corrci, corrcii if installed) . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q3/08   SJ 8(3):413--439
        reviews Fisher's z transformation and its inverse, the
        hyperbolic tangent, and reviews their use in inference
        with correlations

but if you use the software download the update from SJ-10-4 and note
that Stata as well as Mata now supports the trio -sinh()-, -cosh()-,
-tanh()-.

More generally: threads you start seem to move very slowly. See

http://blog.stata.com/2010/12/14/how-to-successfully-ask-a-question-on-statalist/

for some advice on making your questions clearer.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Hoang Dinh Quoc <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am looking for z transformation and mibeta command is supposed to create
> it but when I run this command it always reports no imputations.

Nick Cox

> If you have no missing values, you do not need to impute and indeed
> have no scope to impute what is not missing. In what sense is this a
> problem? It is simple good news.
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Hoang Dinh Quoc <[email protected]>

>> It does not work with other mi estimates such as mi estimate: reg y x1 x2
>> x3... and it reports the same 'no imputations'.
>>
>> I have no missing values in my dataset. Can this be the problem?

Richard Williams