Re: st: Re: Delete upper case variable

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Delete upper case variable
Date   Mon, 23 Apr 2012 01:38:06 +0100

You are right about your innermost thought on -findname- (SJ, SSC). See

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-04/msg00193.html

The -any()- and -all()- options were intended to let users stipulate
conditions about the values of variables, but you can use it as a way
of stipulating conditions about their names.

The condition that upper("<char>") == "<char>" is also satisfied by
the underscore _ which can begin variable names.

Nick