R: st: control a variable in stata

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: control a variable in stata
Date   Sun, 22 Apr 2012 14:20:51 +0200

Andy may want to check for heteroskedasticity after -regress- via - estat
hettest- ( from -regress postestimation- suite).
As an aside, Huber-White sandwich estimator is implemented via the -robust-
option available with most Stata commands (including -regress-), as reported
in Baum CF. An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata. College
Station, TX: Stata Press, 2006: 136-38.
Best wishes,
Carlo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Kong, Chun
Inviato: domenica 22 aprile 2012 01:05
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: RE: st: control a variable in stata

Thank you very much for all your help!

I have run both poisson and OLS, the OLS gives a R2 of 0.6175 and Poisson
has a R2 of 0.6250, however, all the research that I have gone through is
using OLS. Therefore, I think I should go with OLS, but I really appreciate
for your suggestion and time.

Most of the reserachs stressed in desribing the variable and analyzing the
resutls, however, very few have explained the methodology. One have used
white standard corrected errors because there is a difference between the
adjusted standard errors and the normal standard errors, suggesting there is
small level of heteroskedascticity. Therefore, the model is regressed using
the white standard errors. I have google something relate to white standard
error, however, i still do not understand whether i should follow this
approach.

I am sorry for all the silly question. Once again, thank you very much for
your time and help. :)

Andy