Re: st: Generating new variables with values of difference in 2 variables

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Generating new variables with values of difference in 2 variables
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 08:57:23 +0100

Sounds like

gen breakdate = .

qui forval k = 1/14 {
          replace breakdate = `k' if B`k' > A`k' & missing(breakdate)
}

Nick