Re: st: xt: unit-specific trends

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xt: unit-specific trends
Date   Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:15:20 -0400

In case anyone cares, this is what I came up with. (Detrends, demeans,
and also allows for a level shift.) And this is faster, as I expected.

program define genbump, byable(recall, noheader)
	version 11
	syntax =/exp  [if] [in], trend(varname) bump(varname) resid(varname)
    marksample touse, novarlist
    tempvar res
	quietly {
	_regress `exp' `trend' `bump' if `touse'
	_predict `res', resid
	replace `resid' = `res'+_b[`bump']*`bump' if `touse'
	}
end