Re: st: only display top 5 results in pie graph

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: only display top 5 results in pie graph
Date   Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:01:08 +0100

My main suggestion is that you would be better off with a horizontal
bar chart, which would show 20 or so bars without much difficulty,
quite apart from other advantages.

That said, some technique can be gleaned from this example.

sysuse auto, clear
collapse (sum) price-foreign
xpose, clear varname
gsort -v1
graph pie v1 in 1/5, over(_varname) sort

su v1
local sumall = r(sum)
su v1 in 1/5
replace v1 = `sumall' - r(sum) in 6
replace _varname = "others" in 6
graph pie v1 in 1/6, over(_varname) sort

Nick