Re: st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal

Subject   Re: st: Suggestion - Citing references from Stata Journal
Date   Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:03:26 -0500

I am surprised to hear that you cannot add citations manually in
EndNote. Use LaTeX/bibtex; Stata Journal and Stata Press do. All the
files are in plain text, so it is a matter of editing text files -- if
you are desperate, you can use notepad; if not, any of the text
editors listed at http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/texteditors.html.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with bibtex, and want to stick
to EndNote, use citeulike.org (although I don't think it exports from
Stata Journal website; it does from most online libraries though).

I would too like to see more citations to my Stata Journal
contributions, and if out of 200+ annual downloads from SSC, I only
get one citation, I will consider adding annoying reminders in the
output of my packages to cite them. Or, better yet, in dialog boxes --
that's the stuff one cannot miss. (I already have annoying reminders
in the help files, but it looks like only one person has read the help
files so far.)