Re: st: calculating cumulative values of other observations

From   KOTa <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: calculating cumulative values of other observations
Date   Sat, 7 Apr 2012 17:12:23 -0400

thanks Eric,
i did adapt your code for real dataset without problems (see my
previous response)

i am just interested how to do it using Nick's code, which works much
faster (dataset is pretty large).
i am probably missing some thing about how "sum" works or about
boundary conditions

my rewrite of Nick was:

bysort ID activity (date_start): gen priorhrs = sum(hours) - hours if
(date_start>=date_end[_n-1] & !mi(date_end[_n-1]))

which does not work :/

regards
K.