st: Merge Files one to many

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Merge Files one to many
Date   Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:00:24 -0400

Have two data sets with common variable. The teacher data set has several
teachers per school. The school variable is a nominal variable that is
unique to each school. So if there are 20 teachers in a school the school
variable is repeated 20 times. The principal data file has one principal per
school and I want to merge/match on school. There is one principal to each
school and this file uses the same school variable to identify the school
the principal is in. What I need to do is to match the principal data to
every teacher in that school.

So the file would look like:

School	teacher_var1	teacher_var2	principal_var1
123		23			45			56
123		25			44			56
123		21			43			56
123		56			55			56