Re: st: Output from SKTEST

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Output from SKTEST
Date   Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:03:36 -0400

Hi, Sandy.

Before you use tests based on sample skewness and kurtosis, it would
be a good idea to look at a normal probability plot for each of the
variables.  A histogram may also be useful, but it is not sufficient,
because it will not show you enough about the tails.  You should look
for outliers, as well as evidence of multimodality.

David Hoaglin