Re: st: Understanding how to use biprobit to control for endogenous dummy

From   Paula Herrera <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Understanding how to use biprobit to control for endogenous dummy
Date   Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:24:23 +0200

I have also estimated  a model with a binary outcome and a binary
endogenous variable, with a biprobit and with linear instrumental
variables  (using ivreg2). From the output of the ivreg2 I can check
that my instrument works pretty well, it pass all the tests.

To compare the two models ones needs to calculates the marginal
effects or the average marginal effects, since the coefficient of the
biprobit is only informative about the sign.To obtain the average
treatment effects I use the function: margins, dydx predict (pmarg1)
force, after I run the biprobit.

However, the biprobit average marginal effect differ significantly
from the beta estimated with the linear model, which I understand is
the local average treatment effect. Is this a normal result? or is an
indicative that something may be wrong?

Best,

Paula.