Re: st: Quantile regression with sample selection

From   Gustavo Palmeira <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Quantile regression with sample selection
Date   Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:30:26 -0300

 I like to do quantile regression analysis to understand the earning
gap evolution between formal and informal sector in Brazil. I’ve read
a paper by Buchinsky "Quantile regression with sample selection:
estimating women returns to education in the U.S." where he developed
a sample selection procedure (a non parametric method similar to one
developed by Heckman (1980 and Newey (1991)) and I'm having problems
to repeat this technique in Stata. Can anyone help me with this
technique? Is there a stata module for this procedure or can you help
me constructing this selection equation in stata format step by step?