st: GLLAMM question

From   Alexandra Mahler-Haug <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GLLAMM question
Date   Tue, 27 Mar 2012 10:41:58 -0400

Using a gllamm model, I am trying to estimate the resulting
probabilities that my dichotomous dependent variable==1 from changing
the value of one dichotomous independent variable (setting the value
of the independent variable in question at "1" and "0") while holding
all other of my independent variables at their means/modes.

Previously in my research, I used a one-level logit model in Stata and
CLARIFY to estimate the change in probability (that my dichotomous
dependent variable==1) which resulted from changing a dichotomous
independent variable from 1 to 0 (while setting all other independent
variables at their means/modes).

However, the gllamm model is not supported by Clarify.  I believe that
there may be another way through Stata to set the values of
independent variables at different levels and then compute the
resulting probabilities that the dichotomous dependent variable==1
(under the estimated parameters of the gllamm model). I have not used
gllapred or gllasim, but both of those appear to not offer an option
to "set" the values of the independent variables (setting one
independent variable at 0 and then 1 while also setting all other
independent variables at their means/modes) and then calculate the
probability that the dependent variable==1.

I hope my question is understandable - any information/guidance would
be much appreciated!

All the best,
Alexandra Mahler-Haug