Re: st: Analysis of event history data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Analysis of event history data
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:42:57 +0000

For most Stata purposes your data would indeed be better reshaped to a
long data structure or shape or form (some people do say "format", but
in a Stata context format implies -format-, etc.).

reshape long y_ , i(id) j(time)
rename y_ status

should do it. See also -tsspell- (SSC) and

SJ-7-2  dm0029  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Speaking Stata: Identifying spells
        Q2/07   SJ 7(2):249--265                                 (no commands)
        shows how to handle spells with complete control over
        spell specification

as well as the literature on survival analysis with which you are
evidently familiar.

Nick