Re: st: ztnb model: why are some results omitted?

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ztnb model: why are some results omitted?
Date   Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:34:48 -0400

Dear Ekaterina,

How are you interpreting the constant term in the model?  Because the
four income categories are exhaustive, they need only three parameters
in addition to the constant term.  It seems likely that ztnb is
treating the highest quartile of income as the reference category.

I suggest that you merge the four income variables into a single
categorical variable (which you might name inccat) and then use
inccat##conf_inc as the list of independent variables.

Regards,

David Hoaglin