Re: st: predict after mlogit estimation

To   [email protected], statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: predict after mlogit estimation
Date   Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:01:35 -0500

At 11:56 AM 3/14/2012, Chiara Mussida wrote:
Dear All,
I run a simple mlogit model for my subsample of male. I have now to
use the coefficients (betas) of these mlogit to predict the
probabilities for females. More precisely, females predicted
probabilities must be computed by employing male coefficient from the
mlogit and their individual characteristics (in my data).
Does the predict command after mlogit estimationa allow this procedure
(male coef* female individual coefs)?

Perhaps you want something like

mlogit y x1 x2 x3 if male==1
predict p1 p2 p3 if male==0