Re: st: Mac OS X: shell v. xshell

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mac OS X: shell v. xshell
Date   Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:27:49 -0500

<>

Mustafa:

-shell- (and -!-) on my Mac OSX 10.7.3 machine with Stata 12 MP both shell out to terminal/OS, and -xshell- to X11 as -help shell- describes.
Perhaps you have something mapped differently in your system that is the cause of this issue.  I have no idea if this would matter, but have you tried installing the command line tools from within Stata? (Stata Menu>Install Terminal Utility.)

Also, try shelling out with the -!- instead of -shell- to see if it acts differently (again, I don't know that it would matter, but I'd try it).

If none of that worked, I'd re-install Stata and try again &/or contact Stata Tech support.

- Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute