st: Interpretation of gllamm

From   Sanghee Park <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Interpretation of gllamm
Date   Thu, 8 Mar 2012 16:19:01 -0800

My dependent variable has three categories without order. How can I
interpret the coefficients in the result using gllamm? The
coefficients are not to be treated as linear regressions.

I am also wondering about the meaning of the variances below the
result table. If I am able to say that which level explains more of my
model according to the variance, could you please help me figure this
out?

Thank you.

----------
gllamm depv indv_1 indv_2 ... indv_8, i(id1 gov1) link(probit)
family(gau) nip(20)

Variance at level 1
  .55589882 (.01871706)
Variances and covariances of random effects
***level 2 (id1)
    var(1): .10967495 (.14545997)
***level 3 (gov1)
    var(1): .21990255 (.17504156)