Re: st: Copying Stata code with line numbers

From   "Airey, David C" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Copying Stata code with line numbers
Date   Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:34:46 -0600

.

I find the Stata do file editor just fine for complex data analysis.

However, I also find the RStudio IDE enough for me.

Maybe at some point I will depend more on an external editor. However,
all my programs are built from smaller programs, and I never have
had a program that needs more than a screen. What am I missing?

I know some do spend 99% of their time in a text editor, and spend
considerable effort linking (sometimes failing) the editor to other programs.

Nick, what 3 aspects of Vim (or whatever) make it so useful in your
personal Stata programming?

-Dave