st: logit - which "obs not used"?

From   harryxgordon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: logit - which "obs not used"?
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2012 12:28:28 -0800 (PST)

Dear Statalist,

I have a do-file that loops through hundreds of different logit regressions
based on different stratification schemes for my full dataset.  Each time I
run a logit regression, observations are dropped because certain variables
predict the data perfectly.  I am wondering if Stata stores the final
dataset (i.e. the dataset without the "obs not used") that the logit
regression is run on, and if so, how I can access this.  I need to weed out
certain regression results based on the number of observations with certain
characteristics in each regression sample.  It seems that my only
alternative, which would be considerably more time-consuming, would be to
read the log-file which would say something like,
"note: var1 != 0 predicts success perfectly
      var1 dropped and 22 obs not used",
Any suggestions as to how I could avoid this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle Tran
Research Analyst