st: factor analysis and bootstrapping

From   Jurgen Sidgman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: factor analysis and bootstrapping
Date   Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:37:42 -0600

A few months ago a post identical to the one I have here was made and answered by Martin Weiss. The problem is that I have not been able to execute following his advice. So here it goes.

I want to bootstrap the factor loadings that I obtain after executing

factor var1 var2…, pcf

to determine if the loadings are statistically different from zero at conventional levels. Without attempting the bootstrapping all works well. However trying the following commands rotate does not work and I cannot seem to find a solution:

bootstrap, reps(1000): rotate
bootstrap load:e(L), reps(1000): rotate
bootstrap e(L), reps(1000): rotate promax

I have also tried:

bootstrap loadings=e(L), reps(1000): rotate promax

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Jurgen