st: RE: RE: Comparing sureg with reg

From   Schöler, Lisa <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Comparing sureg with reg
Date   Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:24:45 +0000

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of DE SOUZA Eric
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Comparing sureg with reg

As you say: " The 45 independent variables are the same for all three equations"
Estimating a seemingly unrelated regressions system in which the explanatory variables are the same for all equations is equivalent toe estimating each equation separately by OLS inasfar as the parameter estimates and standard errors are concerned.

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
Brugge (Bruges), Belgium
http://www.coleurope.eu