st: Table formation using Stata

From   Erik Carter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Table formation using Stata
Date   Tue, 31 Jan 2012 06:26:15 -0800

Hello Statalist users,

I'm somewhat of a neophyte-intermediate in the use of Stata and would like some advice on formatting a publication worthy table.  I've attempted to use the tabout program to build a table based on the tutorial by Ian Watson but am having some difficulty.  Even when I am trying to duplicate the examples using the ado files provided I am 1) getting various error messages 2) unsure as to how I  use the .tex file to produce the publication quality tables.  Sorry for the rudimentary questions.  Looking forward to any clarity that anyone can shared on this topic.

Many thanks,

Erik Carter
UCSF SON