RE: st: New program - snpgrab

From   "Tiago V. Pereira" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: New program - snpgrab
Date   Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:30:05 -0200 (BRST)

I found the idea very interesting. However, I have some remarks:

(1) it would be nice to change the version. For example,  version 12.0 to
10.0 (is that possible?)
(2) Do you have a help file? I have failed to find it.
(3) it is not clear for me where the data come from.
(4) I have certainly more observations, but I would need to run it. I
manually changed the original code to run -snpgrap- in my Stata 11.0 -
unsuccessfully, however. An example would be very helpful.

All the best,

Tiago

----------------
I have written a new program for those in the field of genetics.

The program, called snpgrab, will download snp (single nucleotide
polymorphism) information when provided with a list of rs numbers.
This information includes Gene Name, Gene ID (Entrez), Chromosome,
Position (bp), alleles, heterozygosity, and more.

Please let me know what you think, and how this can be improved or
expanded upon.You can install the program by typing in the following
command:

net install snpgrab, from(http://www.elwoodcook.com/stata/)

To use, enter a list of snp numbers. They can be a string (with the rs
prefix) or a numeric variable with the rs left out. Then type:

snpgrab rslist

where rslist is the variable of a list of snp numbers. (can be string,
with rs prefix or numeric without).

Thanks,
D. Elwood Cook