Re: st: bootstrap with mixed logit

Subject   Re: st: bootstrap with mixed logit
Date   Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:06:35 -0500

I would not expect this work, as the class labels will always be
different in different bootstrap samples: what is class 1 in the
original sample may be class 3 in the first bootstrap subsample, and
class 4 in the second one, etc. With a single run, a permutation of
class labels is irrelevant, but matching the classes over repeated
runs, as is needed for the bootstrap, is extremely cumbersome.
Moreover, some smaller classes may disappear if they don't have enough
observations in a given bootstrap sub-sample. So I don't think the
bootstrap is a sensible method for this problem.