Re: st: svyset and complex design

Subject   Re: st: svyset and complex design
Date   Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:09:45 -0500

Arnaud:

I am assuming that sampling is without replacement (WOR) at every stage, since you don't say otherwise.

1. You don't "tell" Stata about PPS sampling.  That information is incorporated in the probability weights.

2. The fpc specifications should be used only estimating descriptive statistics about the population.

3. If you intend  analytic investigations (e.g. tests and assessment of odds ratios, correlations, regression coefficients), then these analyses, write another -svyset- statement that omits all fpcs and stages beyond the first. For references, see: http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-09/msg01121.html

You might also consider non-response and post-stratification adjustments to the weights.

I am curious:  Your second stage design implies that the presence or absence of migrants was known for every household in the sampled districts. How was this information obtained?

Steve
[email protected]