Re: st: xtmelogit convergence issues and log transforming IVs

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtmelogit convergence issues and log transforming IVs
Date   Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:05:57 +0000

Cube roots map 0 to 0.

If you want something stronger, log(x + 1) or asinh(x) could do.

Whatever you choose, you lose the interpretation of the coefficients
that fits nicely with logarithms.

Nick