Re: st: Calculating an Index

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculating an Index
Date   Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:51:50 +0000

This has the same flavour as the previous problem so you should be
able to adapt the previous solutions, or whichever one you adopted.

My own view implicit in

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-01/msg00428.html

is that your problem is very awkward without Mata and much less
awkward with it. So, that advice would require you to learn more about
Mata and I really can't give enough detail in a posting to explain all
that you need to know. I'd recommend that you study Kit Baum's
excellent book

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/stata-programming-introduction

and William Gould's authoritative columns on Mata matters in the Stata
Journal in addition to [M].

Nick