RE: st: Getting rid of binary codes so I can read in files - reposted

From   Orian Brook <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Getting rid of binary codes so I can read in files - reposted
Date   Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:46:07 -0000

Thanks all for your helpful responses.

The different ways of specifying filefilter, and looking at the data using
chunky, unfortunately didn't help. In terms of "hangs", it's possible that
if I left it running indefinitely maybe it would work, but as I have 130
files I don't have that long!

Google refine looks interesting but doesn't seem to read in my data, and in
any case I was hoping to use stata syntax so that I could copy-paste syntax
for different files, to speed up the process and make sure I can check my
work. However, I have realised that I could do this by using Access as
before, but import the files using sql syntax, then read them into stata
using the odbc link, which fulfils my criteria and I know already works.

Thanks again

Orian