st: distortion in the .eps file with map produced using spmap

From   Michel Serafinelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: distortion in the .eps file with map produced using spmap
Date   Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:46:33 -0800

Dear StataList users,

I am creating a map at US county level using spmap.
I downloaded the shapefile from the NOAA website.
This is the same website from which the shapefile is obtained by authors of
the FAQ How do I graph data onto a map with spmap. The only difference is
that the map in their example is at state level.

When I open the .gph file in Stata, my county level map looks fine. But
then once i convert the .gph into .eps format, this file is not workable
because the shape is distorted.
For this reason it cannot be printed by the person which is editing the
book for which I am preparing the map.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion. thanks in advance

Michel