Re: st: choice model analysis

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: choice model analysis
Date   Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:03:28 +0100

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Rhona Barr wrote:
> Does anyone know what the appropriate model to analyse choice (conjunct) model data is?

That depends on the details, but you can look at -help asclogit-,
-help clogit-, and -help nlogit-.

> Furthermore, how does one get around the issues of interaction effects within the stata outputs for non-linear models (as identified by Ai & Norton 2004) for such models given that the choice card grouping requires demographics to be entered in as interaction terms.

Please give full references, as is discussed in the Statalist FAQ, for
a link see the bottom of every post on Statalist. I am assuming you
are refering to:

Norton, E., H. Wang, and C. Ai. 2004. Computing interaction effects and
standard errors in logit and probit models. The Stata Journal 4:
154-167

Since all the proposed models can report odds ratios you can just use
the tricks discussed in (Buis 2010).

M.L. Buis (2010) "Stata tip 87: Interpretation of interactions in
non-linear models", The Stata Journal, 10(2), pp. 305-308.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie