RE: st: Code to generate dummy variable from several categorical variables?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Code to generate dummy variable from several categorical variables?
Date   Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:37:59 +0000

Note that David's suggestion of a composite categorical variable as one way to tackle this echoes

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-01/msg00549.html

in which

egen group = group(A B C), label missing

was flagged as possible code. Deciding between that and

egen group2 = group(A B C), label

would regard a decision on what to do with missings.