Re: st: Question about -spmap-, defining polygons, and/or Stata colors

From   Stata Chris <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Question about -spmap-, defining polygons, and/or Stata colors
Date   Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:24:14 +0100

Hm, I had hoped that I could solve the problem more easily if only I
was able to pick the same color for -ndfcolor()- as Stata picks once
I've told it the color set in -fcolor()-.

If that's not possible then I guess I need to find a way to define the
missing areas myself, I'm just not sure how to find their coordinates.
Each defined area has a 5, 10 or more points, I guess all corners of
the polygon, i.e. any border point that is not on the straight line
between any pair of other border points? Then I guess each corner must
feature in the polygon of at least two counties, so all polygons that
I need are already in the dataset, I just need to identify them.

I guess then a first step could be that I take all border points that
appear only once and are not on the external country border. But this
leaves 2 problems:
(1) How would I know which of these belong to one of the missing counties?
(2) I will also need a few points that are already in the dataset
twice, because there are some points where three counties meet.

Would anyone happen to have an idea of how to do this?

Thanks so much,